Friday, January 13, 2023 / by Rachel Queen
Design Trends for 2023 – More is Everything
A common regret around taking down the holiday decorations is how bare the home looks suddenly. Fortunately for anyone ready to upgrade their design in 2023, new trends are offering more comfort and coziness than we’ve seen lately.
For the past few years, home designers have created a blend of minimalism and simplicity in their home styles. This style involves removing anything from the space that is not necessary for function or lifestyle. The common phrase, “does it spark joy,” is a new mantra for homeowners hoping to eliminate clutter from their homes.
In 2023, this mindset has been thrown out the window. Maximalism is the new theme. Color and patterns, textures, and excess have replaced the sleek lines and neutral colors of minimalist design. Home décor trends now invite the consumer to play with bold colors and contrasting patterns and shapes. Almost anything goes.
It’s important to note that t. ...
Monday, July 11, 2022 / by Rachel Queen
Still Renting Your Home?
4 Facts That Might Change Your Mind
Each year, home renters face the question of whether to renew their lease for another year or determine it is time to buy a home of their own. Over the past couple of years, the US housing market has changed dramatically as home values have soared and interest rates have remained low. So, if you are still renting your home, it might be time to buy instead.
4 Facts About Renting your Home:
1. Rents Are Rising Quickly – Higher priced home values drive higher rent costs. While a 30-year fixed home loan will provide steady monthly payments for the duration, most renters are shocked to see their housing payments rise each year.
2. Paying for Your Landlord’s Equity – As home prices rise, so does the equity in the property. As a renter, you are making the loan payments for your landlord, while they reap the benefit of increased equity.
3. You Get What Your Get – A homeowner can paint, renovate,. ...
Tuesday, September 14, 2021 / by Rachel Queen
Almost every homeowner dreams of a brand new, state-of-the-art kitchen, but kitchen remodels are expensive and can often take months to complete. Fortunately, there are a few easy changes you can make which will give you the updated look you crave with significantly less cost.
5 Perfect Kitchen Upgrades
1. Cabinets – Cabinets do not need to be replaced to change the look of your kitchen. Consider refacing which leaves the bases in place and changes only the exterior of the cabinetry. Even a fresh coat of paint in a chic new color will dramatically change the look of your kitchen – often a weekend project.
2. Backsplash and Countertops – Trends come and go, if you are still looking at black granite countertops and backsplash, you can lighten up with one of the latest white toned options. From bright subway tiles to subtle gray, blue and sand tones, a new backsplash and countertop will quickly change the feel of your space.
3. Lighting – Now is the time . ...
Friday, September 10, 2021 / by Rachel Queen
5 TIPS FOR STARTING YOUR HOME SEARCH
Everyone wants to time their home purchase “just right.” Ideally, the picture perfect “buyer’s market”; plenty of well-priced listings, low interest rates and a slow moving real estate market where the buyer has plenty of -me to decide on an offer. The reality is that the current market is a fast paced environment where the best homes move quickly and serious home buyers need to be prepared to act when they find the right home.
Fortunately, starting your home search the right way is easy by following these simple steps:
1. Find a Lender and Get Pre-Approved – Know what you can afford before you start your search. By getting a pre-approval letter, you demonstrate to sellers that you are serious when you write your offer and it proves you can afford the home.
2. Research Neighborhoods – Each community will have their own personality and advantages; before you spend -me looking at homes, cho. ...